GRACE COMMUNITY CHURCH:
PLAN OF ACTION FOR RE-OPENING THE CHURCH BUILDING (Available as PDF Download)
Per the Governor’s guidelines, we are currently open for in-person services.
We understand that many may not feel ready to come back on Sundays, and that is totally okay. We recognize that many have underlying health concerns that may
put them in a higher risk group, or they may just want to be cautious in this unusual time we are living. We will continue to provide online services at 8:45, 10:15, and 11:45 as we have been so you can stay connected and interact with one of our pastors from your home.
We are excited that small groups are now meeting as well!
We will be gathering volunteers to serve in Children, Greeting, and Sanitary Ministries. Please jump in and serve so we can continue to meet in person.
HERE ARE THE GUIDELINES FOR SUNDAY WE ARE BEING ASKED TO FOLLOW:
- We need to sit in a way that honors the social distancing guideline of 6 ft separation. Please leave 2 seats between the next family/individual sitting in your row.
- In addition, people we will offer FM radio listening in the south Parking lot for those that would rather not meet in person but long to meet with others in cars. You will still need to practice 6-ft distancing regulations.
- Some will not be able or want to attend, and they can continue to watch online. Some may want to gather with their small group to watch the service, and that’s a great option. Many will want to be able to come worship with us in our building! We hear you! We cannot wait either. We have a plan to accommodate as many as we safely can. But we do have some new normal practices that we will follow to make this the best worship experience possible for all of us.
- Our children’s ministry is now open on a limited basis. You will need a ticket for your child to be able to be checked in to their age appropriate area. Prior to check-in both our volunteers and your children’s temperature will be checked. The CDC recommends that anyone with a temperature over 100.4F should not be permitted to enter. Once their temp is checked and cleared, your family will make your way to our check-in stations to print tags for your child. Our volunteers and your child will sanitize their hands as they enter their room. Prior to each service high contact areas will be sanitized. We are limiting the number of children and volunteers in each room, but please understand by checking your child into children’s ministry your child will be in contact with other children.
- Besides our limited capacity kid’s ministries, we will provide our high school auditorium as “family” environments. Adults, teens, and parents with children in 4th grade or older will be able to sit in the North and South Auditoriums. Young children are NOT encouraged in our North and South Auditorium as this is where we will continue to film our services for our online services and want to limit distractions.
- There won’t be time in between services to meet and talk with each other inside the building. However, we invite you to connect with one another outside near our coffee truck. Please remember to follow social distancing procedures. Because of our limited number of people in our building at
a time, we will need to escort one group of people out before we can allow the next service of people in; and we will also need to do some sanitizing in between services as well.
We will not hand out bulletins, and the offering buckets will not be passed, BUT we will have our ushers walk through the auditorium with the offering buckets.
- If you are coming for the next service, we ask that you wait in your car, or by your car safely, until you’re instructed to be able to enter. We will bring you
in as soon as we can.
- If you have any symptoms of sickness, please stay home.
- Please sanitize your hands as you enter the building.
- We encourage you to wear a mask.
- Avoid contact with other people while in our building.
- We know this is different...The goal of all of this is so that we can continue to meet without causing an outbreak.
- Grace Community Church is not responsible for the possibility of you being infected with the virus. Yes we will be vigilant in our efforts to follow all the regulations set forward by our Governor and will do our very best to keep our building germ-free so that this doesn’t happen, but you’re responsible for your own choice to be around people.
- We reserve the right to make the necessary changes that line up with new information that continues to come forth.
- Please be flexible and pray that Jesus is exalted in this transition time!