The Car Care Ministry exists to come alongside single moms, widows, and those who are experiencing a financial difficulty by providing free labor for basic car repairs. Volunteer mechanics meet at our garage at The Lodge in Syracuse (13900 N. Eastshore Drive Syracuse, IN 46567) on one Saturday/month from 8AM - 12PM. You must make an appointment for us to be able to get you on our schedule. All appointments will need to be made at least 48 hours prior to our repair day. Check the repair dates below.
THE BASIC REPAIRS/SERVICES WE PERFORM
- Oil Changes
- Wheel bearing replacement
- Basic check engine diagnostics
What we DO:
- Provide FREE LABOR for minor repairs and diagnostics (Parts are provided at your expense upon service)
- Provide guidance, suggestions, and advice.
- Review your previous repair estimates and help you prioritize necessary repairs.
What we DON’T DO:
- We don't receive vehicles that cannot drive to the garage under their own power. (No tow-ins)
- We don't sell, buy, or provide vehicles.
- We don't have an inventory of parts. All parts are ordered specifically for each job.
- We don't make service calls or provide roadside assistance.
- We don't work on transmissions.
- We don't make cosmetic/comfort repairs.
- We don't accept car donations.
HOW TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
STEP 1: Request An Appointment
Fill out the Request an Appointment Form below. Be as specific as possible when describing your vehicle issues. Please understand that appointments fill up quickly. We will do our best to fit your into our schedule, but we may have to schedule your vehicle for the following month. Appointments must be made 48 hours prior to our next service date in order to place you on the schedule.
STEP 2: Phone Consultation
One of our representatives will call you within 48 hours to discuss your vehicle issues and determine if our ministry is a good fit for your needs. If we are able to help you, we will order the parts necessary for your repair. It will be your responsibility to pay for your parts upon the day of service.
STEP 3: Day Of Appointment
Bring your running vehicle in at 8AM on the day of service. (You may be asked if you are able to drop off your vehicle the night before). Feel free to arrange a ride while your vehicle is being serviced. It will need to be picked up no later than 12pm that day.
OUR NEXT SERVICE DATES:
- Saturday, March 21 from 8AM - 12PM
- Saturday, April 25 from 8AM - 12PM
- Saturday, May 23 from 8AM - 12PM